- APPLICATION - Complete and submit the online application (visit www.hardesthitalabama.com).
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS - Submit required documents by fax, email or via upload through the online application. You must submit the required documents or your application cannot move forward.
- APPLICATION REVIEW -When all documents are submitted, your application will progress to the underwriting stage.
During the underwriting stage:
- HHA underwriters will review your application to be sure it meets all HHA program requirements (income limits, UPB limits, etc.).
- Unemployment benefits will be verified.
- The property title report will be ordered.
- Your servicer will verify the mortgage.
- LOAN CLOSING -
Once the application is approved, the loan closing will be scheduled.
Please allow 7-10 business days for verification of closing and disbursement of HHA funds.
- AFTER THE LOAN CLOSING - After the loan closing, you are responsible for completing and sending a Monthly Occupancy Statement to your HHA counselor or underwriter.
Each month, HHA will verify your eligibility for unemployment benefits. Once you are no longer eligible or have found employment, HHA benefits will end two months thereafter.